After I have finished my undergraduate schooling, I would like to attend graduate school to become a Nurse Practitioner. Once I have obtained my master's degree and have become a Nurse Practitioner, I hope to begin my career in a hospital setting. I believe that working within a hospital will give me the broadest amount of experience. Further into my years as a Nurse Practitioner, and when I have started my own family, I think that I would like to work in an office setting. If I am to start my career in the hospital and then move on to a doctor's office, I believe I will be much better off because I will be well prepared for the many things I could encounter. I also will have a much more extensive knowledge base than if I had gone straight into working in the office setting. Also, in working within an office, I will have a more consistent patient base. With this more consistent patient base, I will be able to form more thorough relationships with my patients and get to know them on a more personal level.
Perhaps even further into my career as a nurse, I will teach. The reason for this is that I feel it is important to share the wealth of information that I have gained through both my education and experience in the clinical setting. I hope to use my own knowledge and experience to influence future nurses.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment